Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Abundance of grey

I find my winter's been abundant in greyness, snow is delaying it's fall. Everything is bare! I feel like all there is to stare at is pavement. It's not all that bad really; when there's bareness everywhere you can focus on other beautiful things like the silhouettes of tress against the colours of twilight, that's one of my favourite distractions. :)

Ah winter where have you gone, and if you're there why must you be stalling? I decided it's winter's turn to be the outcast this year, I think it wants to see if we'd miss it if it wasn't present. Thus I decided to gather some quotes about winter so that I can remember how the other ones chilled me to the bone and blinded me with majestic whiteness!

  • "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they do when they stick together."
  • "Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours." " ~Robert Byrne
  • "Every mile is two in winter. " ~George Herbert
  • "Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face." - Victor Hugo

    These are some pictures of me in the little snow there is in my back yard:

Ah silhouettes of trees... Lovely things they are...






My hair is blowing in a breeze!




As I mentioned, very very thin little bit a'snow. There's little animal prints everywhere! :P







Poor trees, they's looking all desolate; yet, I know they're just saving up their goodness for spring.











Anyhow... I wish you a delightful winter and I hope it's not out of whack for you.

2 comments:

•Karis Brown• said...

Your hair is absolutly beautiful!! Wishing you a happy winter, too!

Blessings,
Karis

Ginela Gonzalez said...

Thank you so very much Karis!