Monday, October 19, 2009

Old Homes

I long for the day when I'll be able to enter a pretty little vintage home with a history and stay in it for the aging days of my life. I'm not very fond of this day's architecture or new homes' exteriors; now-adays the brand new homes being made look sad and un-fanciful. The homes made during the 1800's were incredibly beautiful outside with pretty little curvy borders and colour, and very pretty boards. I wish they made houses now-adays with as much wonderful details. Thankfully there are places here in Toronto and Kitchener and Oakville where I can stare and daydream at these beautiful dwellings, the people who live in them are mostly elderly people. But to one day have one of my own would cost a fortune because the homes' age value. I'm still gonna strive to have a life someday just so I can buy one for myself. For now I'll just have to enjoy my time collecting pictures of these beauties. I daydream of having my afternoon tea in the front porch and prancing up and down the large stair cases, and of course exploring the spooky attic a home like this might have. Such excitement I hope lasts as long as I grow, and I sure hope old houses are still around when I'm full grown and can make my own dolla billz.






3 comments:

Abigail said...

I agree with you! Older houses are so much nicer than the newer ones. :)

AO

Missa said...

Me too, our home was built in 1929 and while it's not as fancy as some of these, it's got nice little charming touches that newer homes just don't have.

Also, those old homes are built to last so don't worry they'll still be around ;)

Ginela Gonzalez said...

OH What good news! YAY